Wasmer Edge vs Cloudflare Workers
Wasmer Edge and Cloudflare Workers are both serverless platforms for running websites at scale.
Wasmer Edge and Cloudflare Workers share these similarities:
- More affordable than traditional clouds
- Fast startup times
- Fully stateless modern architecture
- Built on a shared nothing architecture, infinite scaling
Wasmer Edge and Cloudflare Workers differ in significant ways:
- Wasmer Edge has dedicated private networking for every workload
- Wasmer Edge supports multithreaded applications, while "multi-threading and shared memory are not permitted in [Cloudflare] Workers"
- Cloudflare workers currently have more PoP's (Points of Presence)