The Wasmer Runtime is the engine that allows running WebAssembly modules and Wasmer packages anywhere.
Wasmer can be used as a library from any programming language, or as a standalone runtime via the
- Secure by default. No file, network, or environment access, unless explicitly enabled.
- Fast. Run WebAssembly at near-native speeds.
- Pluggable. Embeddable in multiple programming languages
- Compliant with latest WebAssembly Proposals (SIMD, Reference Types, Threads, ...)
The Wasmer Runtime supports multiple backends, depending on your needs:
- Singlepass: A single-pass compiler for fast compilation times and low memory usage.
- Cranelift: A fast compiler backend with a focus on compile times, and runtime performance.
- LLVM: A compiler backend that uses LLVM for optimization and code generation.
- Browser: it allows running Wasmer fully in the browser (via
- V8 (coming soon): it allows running Wasmer using the WebAssembly engine inside V8